The Bath Festival of Nature is just days away, as we take over Royal Victoria Park on Saturday 27th June to bring the natural world to the heart of the city!
There are a huge amount of activities throughout the day, including everything from photography walks and life casting to stand-up comedy and drawing workshops, not to mention a host of fantastic exhibitors.
With a number of fringe events taking place in the days before there really is something for everyone, so we asked the festival manager Maddy Bartlett to pick her top things to do at the festival this year:
• Go on a nature walk (12 – 2pm, Saturday 27 June)
Wander through the leafy grounds of Royal Victoria Park and discover the wildlife on your doorstep with David Goode, one of Bath’s expert naturalists. Click here to book your place!
• Go on a photography walk (2 – 2.45pm, Saturday 27 June)
Bath photowalk are once again running a special nature themed walk through Royal Victoria Park, so just turn up with a camera to get some top tips. Click here to book!
• Visit our amazing exhibitors (11am-6pm, Saturday 27 June)
Some of the UK’s biggest environmental organisations will be exhibiting at the festival, including the National Trust, Natural England, the RSPB and Avon Wildlife Trust.
• Explore the Green Forum Tent (11am-6pm, Saturday 27 June)
There are a host of amazing local groups and organisations in the Green Forum, so pop inside to find out about the incredible work that goes on in the south west to preserve our natural world.
• Find your inner Picasso in our drawing workshop (12-1pm, Saturday 27 June)
Explore your connection to nature through drawing with Andrew Lansley of WalkAndDrawBath. No booking is required but spaces are limited for the event.
• Find your inner Michaelangelo in our life casting workshop (1.15 – 2.15pm, Saturday 27 June)
Have a go at life casting – the art of creating unique, three-dimensional sculptures from natural items including paws, plants, vegetables, hands, feet or even your own face!
• Have a chuckle at our stand-up comedy (2.30 – 3.30pm & 4.30 – 5.30pm, Saturday 27 June)
Have you heard the one about the Bath University scientists presenting their research as a stand-up act?
• Catch a film in the Discovery Dome (11am – 6pm, Saturday 27 June)
Step into the extraordinary world of wildlife and art films in our immersive discovery dome!
All events take place in Royal Victoria Park on Saturday 27 June unless stated and you should visit our website here for further information.