Applications for this opportunity are now closed.
“Be the face of the UK’s largest free celebration of the natural world!”
FESTIVAL OF NATURE
Festival of Nature, the UK’s largest free celebration of the natural world, will return to the South West for the 17th year. In 2021 FON will be as accessible as possible through the working of “hybrid” style events, digital elements, self-directed activity and audio content which can be accessed in person or from the comfort of home. A key part of this year’s Festival of Nature celebrations will involve “Voices for Nature” – a series of 100 interviews and presentations from wildlife champions across Bristol and Bath which will be accessible through social media, radio and podcasts.
We are curating a team of 10 people to be “the face” of Festival of Nature. The crew will host the public facing elements of the Festival of Nature programme and conduct interviews (face-to-face and over Zoom) which will be recorded and used across our channels. We are looking for people to bring a variety of lived experiences and represent a broad range of backgrounds.
SCOPE OF CONTRACT
This is a part-time, freelance contract across April, May and June. You will need to:
- Conduct and host 10 engaging interviews with people working with and volunteering for nature across Bristol and Bath. The interviews will be booked and scheduled by NHC’s team and the interview will take between 1-2.5 hours to complete. The majority of these will be online/remote, although if you are Bristol or Bath based you will have the opportunity to take part in social distances face to face interviews.
- Be able to follow briefs and be professional in your approach
- Be comfortable being recorded and engaging on audio and film
- Flexible with your time, interviews and filming may take place at any point in the day. Including weekends and evenings.
- Be passionate about nature, wildlife or environmental issues!
To apply please email us a short description about yourself (no more than 300 words) and include an example of you being recorded on screen or through audio. Please note that we are not looking for technical brilliance from the video or audio, but we would like to see the style of interview you would bring to this opportunity.
The maximum time commitment for this contract is 20 hours, and the fee available for the work is £200 (plus VAT if applicable) The fee is exclusive of any expenses associated with the activity. You will be contracted and paid as freelancers and therefore responsible for all associated taxes due to HMRC. We will also be able to cover reasonable creative expenses for the project, to be agreed in advance.
Applications will close on Midnight April 11th 2021.
To apply or to ask any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Avon Wildlife Trust
Bath & North East Somerset Council
BBC Natural History Unit
Bristol City Council
Bristol Zoo Gardens
University of Bath
University of Bristol
University of the West of England
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
The Natural History Consortium is a charitable collaboration between these member organisations.
Engaging people with the natural world through collaborative action. Reg Charity 1123432