A huge thank you to our amazing partners, volunteers, delegates, supporters and everyone that took part in our programmes in 2020! It wasn’t the year that any of us expected, and as a partnership we’ve tried new programmes, new formats, new ways of working – and that was just the first few months! However, what stood out for us most this year was the way that nature took the spotlight, and became more important than ever to all of us.
However there is still much work to be done, to level up access to green space, and involve more people with more places. So we very much hope to see you all next year, either in person or online, for our ground-breaking hybrid programme of digital experiences, outdoor activities and special events that will let us all celebrate and take action for nature together – whatever 2021 throws at us!
In the meantime, here’s what happened in 2020…
- 70 amazing volunteers supported our 2020 programmes.
- 75 people attended our Actions for Nature debate.
- 550 wildlife recorders took part in the Bristol and Bath region’s City Nature Challenge.
- 8,875 wildlife records submitted in the region over the City Nature Challenge global weekend.
- 1,652 people watched our 5 City Nature Challenge live online Q&As and films.
- 8 Facebook live events took place on our first Antarctica Day.
- 4,755 views of our Antarctica Day live Q&As and films.
- 38 children sent us their wonderful stories, poems and songs for the Antarctica Day creative writing competition.
- 2,409 people completed the online survey about Bristol and Bath parks.
- 862 environmental communicators registered for the 1st fully digital Communicate conference.
- 85 speakers at Communicate 2020 across 30 sessions.
Avon Wildlife Trust
Bath & North East Somerset Council
BBC Natural History Unit
Bristol City Council
Bristol Zoo Gardens
University of Bath
University of Bristol
University of the West of England
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
The Natural History Consortium is a charitable collaboration between these member organisations.
Engaging people with the natural world through collaborative action. Reg Charity 1123432