ANTARCTICA CREATIVE WRITING COMPETITION!
Festival of Nature’s Antarctica Day might be over, but, there’s still time to get involved with our Antarctica themed creative writing competition – if your aged between 4-16 get your creative juices flowing and write a short story, poem, diary entry, letter, limerick, or song on the theme of Antarctica!
Are you looking for inspiration? Check out the Antarctica themed talks, presentations and question & answer sessions that took place on Friday 5th June on our Facebook page – www.facebook.com/festofnature
Enter one of the 4 age categories by 19th June, for a chance to win fantastic Antarctic themed prizes!
How to take part:
- The competition will be divided into four age categories: 4-6, 7-10, 11-13, and 14-16.
- Fantastic prizes will be awarded to the winner of each age category.
- The competition will close at 5pm on 19th June. The winners will be announced on Friday 26th June.
- You must be a UK resident to enter.
- Please keep entries to a maximum of two A4 pages long.
- Email your writing or a clear image of your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, age, and your guardians name. Winning entries will be shared by the Natural History Consortium and our partner organisations.
If you’re looking for inspiration the Antarctica Day digital events are still available to watch on our Facebook page. The videos include storytelling, photographs and footage of Antarctica, as well as live Q&As with top wildlife film makers, wildlife photographers and Antarctic researchers.
Avon Wildlife Trust
Bath & North East Somerset Council
BBC Natural History Unit
Bristol City Council
Bristol Zoo Gardens
University of Bath
University of Bristol
University of the West of England
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
The Natural History Consortium is a charitable collaboration between these member organisations.
Engaging people with the natural world through collaborative action. Reg Charity 1123432