Communicate is the UK’s annual conference for environmental communicators, a massively diverse community of professionals working across multiple sectors to share, inspire and engage people with environmental issues.
The Communicate community hosts a plethora of skills and backgrounds including civil servants, educators, conservationists, science communicators, writers, performers, press officers, marketing consultants, ecologists, psychologists, sociologists, charity CEOs, government officials and BBC producers to name but a few. A vast network with lots to share.
“Communicate is specifically written in to my Personal Development Plan because I’ve learned more about communications theory and how stuff works from sessions at Communicate than I have from any number of training days
Based on their feedback, here are our top 5 reasons for joining them at Communicate:
- Cross sector networking – the conference is programmed to offer ample opportunities for both structured and open networking in a friendly, welcoming atmosphere including dedicated mingling space and a free gala networking dinner and drinks reception
- Key skills development – alongside high level discussion, Communicate hosts a unique programme of bespoke workshops and practical skill sessions, concepts and techniques that you can take back to your desk on Monday morning and include in your Personal Development Plan (if you do that sort of thing!)
- Inspiration from beyond the usual suspects – we go out of our way to bring in speakers from outside the environmental sphere, with experts from the corporate, social mobility and media worlds bringing fresh ideas and techniques to environmental issues
- Cutting edge social research – working with ESRC and our academic partners we bring the latest in social and behavioural science research to inspire fresh, evidence based approaches to communication practice
- Programme your own experience – with a wide programme of parallel sessions, you have the opportunity to tailor your conference experience to ensure that you take part in the most relevant content. With one day and single session ticket options available you can even join key sessions without the full conference price tag
To take a look at the 2019 programme, slides and videos click here