11am – 5pm Sunday 18th June
Keynsham Memorial Park, Keynsham, BS31 1HL
After the huge success of last year’s family fun day in Keynsham. Festival of Nature will be returning for the another year, bringing with it a day of exploration and discovery!
Get hands-on with activities from local and national environmental organisations, and become a detective for the day to search for Keynsham’s hidden creatures. With activities for wildlife lovers of all ages, there is something for everyone as we unearth some amazing nature secrets in the heart of Keynsham – what will you discover?
Things to look out for:
- Free live performances by one of the UK’s most inventive outdoor arts companies – Desperate Men. As they debut their show ‘We are Ducks’ on the Memorial bandstand at 1pm and 4pm. Inspired by the group’s many riverside jaunts, expect charm, song and silliness!
- Take a guided wildlife walk around the park and find out what’s living by your local river.
- Meet Keynsham’s wildlife experts, and find out what you can do to help nature on your doorstep.
- Join the mini Bio-Blitz, explore Memorial Park and find as many species as possible during the day!
- Visit ‘Lionel’ the Campervan cinema and watch nature themed films inside a converted VW T25 campervan
Cover photo by Rosemary Despres www.rosemarydespres.com
What Will You Discover?
With over 100 exhibitors at this year’s festival make sure to look out for some of the organisations who will be joining us in Keynsham…
|Lionel’ The Campervan Cinema|
|Neighbourhood Development Plan Recreation Topic Group|
|Keynsham in Bloom|
|UWE – BoxEd|
|Bristol Naturalists’ Society|
|B&NES Tick Project|
|Royal Entomological Society|
|The Bristol GREENPEACE Group|
How To Get There?
Keynsham Festival of Nature takes place at Keynsham Memorial Park, BS31 1HL
Whether you’re walking, cycling or catching the bus to the Keynsham Festival of Nature, it’s easy to find us!
Services 38,39 or 178 all stop outside Keynsham’s Memorial Park. If you are travelling from Bristol the best ticket to buy is a Bristol Inner Zone family Day ticket for only £5 (special weekend offer throughout June). This allows up to 5 people (max 2 adults) unlimited travel within Bristol Inner Zone for one day at the weekend. The ticket can be purchased from your driver or from the free First Bus mTickets app. If you are travelling from Bath, you will need to purchase a Bath Outer Zone Family Day ticket for £13.
For information on planning your journey visit www.firstgroup.com/bristol
For more information on other single and day tickets available visit https://www.firstgroup.com/bristol-bath-and-west/tickets
There are frequent trains from both Bristol and Bath to Keynsham. Memorial Park is only a 10 minutes walk from Keynsham Train Station.
Avon Wildlife Trust
Bath & North East Somerset Council
BBC Natural History Unit
Bristol City Council
Bristol Zoo Gardens
University of Bath
University of Bristol
University of the West of England
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Bristol Natural History Consortium is a charitable collaboration between these member organisations.
Engaging people with the natural world through collaborative action. Reg Charity 1123432