10am – 6pm Saturday 10th June & 10am – 5pm Sunday 11th June
Millennium Square and Lloyds Amphitheatre, Bristol
Get in touch with your wild side as Festival of Nature takes over Bristol’s Harbourside in a huge celebration of the natural world. Featuring over 100 organisations, a showcase of amazing activities, live entertainment, a market bursting with local produce and much more.
Things to look out for:
• Festival of Nature’s secret mobile cinema, ‘Lionel’ the campervan, will follow the Festival on its journey, screening behind-the-scenes stories of the river at each of our free family days.
• Immerse yourself in the fascinating world of adaptation with a visit to Anatomy Zoo. Prepare to be amazed by skeletons of all shapes and sizes!
• Discover how peacocks get their colour, what ancient civilisations used to eat, how to hunt for moths, and much more.
• Explore the age of dinosaurs and find out about their feathered descendants that still fly around Bristol today – and watch out, we’re expecting a few unusual dinovisitors throughout the weekend.
• Discover our onsite caravan, where you can get hands-on with curiosities and uncover the latest facts about our changing oceans.
• Have a chance to play the first ever game of Nature Roulette on the giant wheel by At-Bristol!
• Join us for a packed day of talks, discussion and film above At-Bristol. Take a look at the full programme here.
With so much more to be announced, make sure you check back regularly for more details and let us know you’re coming on our Facebook event!
Avon Wildlife Trust
Bath & North East Somerset Council
BBC Natural History Unit
Bristol City Council
Bristol Zoo Gardens
University of Bath
University of Bristol
University of the West of England
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Bristol Natural History Consortium is a charitable collaboration between these member organisations.
Engaging people with the natural world through collaborative action. Reg Charity 1123432