This event has now passed, thanks to everyone who took part!
Saturday 2 June, 11:00am-5:00pm, Green Park, Bath, BA1 1JB
Join Festival of Nature for our 15th birthday as we set sail down the river for another huge celebration of the natural world!
Bath Festival of Nature is a free, wild day out for the whole family, featuring the region’s best-loved wildlife organisations and a chance to explore nature in a heritage park with a stunning riverside location. Create, explore and run wild in the heart of the city with performances, talks, walks and a showcase of hands-on fun from local and national environmental organisations. Find out more about the exhibitors and who’s who at Festival of Nature here.
- Pilot a remotely-operated robot with University of Bath, or have a go using miscroscopes to discover the menagerie of mini-beasts that live in a drop of water!
- Be dazzled by a sea of colour and top up your own plant collection with a visit to the Royal Victoria Park Nursery exhibit
- Become a wildlife explorer for the day with mini-BioBlitzes of Green Park and exciting wildlife treasure hunts
- Get your binoculars at the ready for Hawk & Owl Trust’s ‘Peregrine look-out’ at their outpost on the canal path opposite St John’s Church
- And not to mention the delicious local food from Be Natural, face painting for kids (and adults of course!), and a jam-packed schedule of incredible music from local artists – and much more!
- Follow on from this fun-filled day by visiting the Festival of Nature Pop-up Wildlife Party in Green Park Station 6-9pm – expect a raucous wildlife-filled evening full of surprises!
Bath Festival of Nature 2018 exhibitors include:
Avon Wildlife Trust – Bath and North East Somerset Council – Bath Naturalist Society – Bristol Avon Rivers Trust – British Ecological Society – Canal and Rivers Trust – GRAB – Hawk and Owl Trust – Marine Conservation Society – National Trust – Riverford – Royal Victoria Park Nursery – RSPB – University of Bath – Wicked Weather Watch – WWF – Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust
How are you getting to the Festival?
We encourage visitors to think green when choosing how to get to Festival of Nature and luckily Bath Festival of Nature is next to bus routes which lead in and out of Bath City Centre!
Check out the First Bus Website to see how you can get to the festival and to plan your journey.
Avon Wildlife Trust
Bath & North East Somerset Council
BBC Natural History Unit
Bristol City Council
Bristol Zoo Gardens
University of Bath
University of Bristol
University of the West of England
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
The Natural History Consortium is a charitable collaboration between these member organisations.
Engaging people with the natural world through collaborative action. Reg Charity 1123432